Using the Internet
These websites have been evaluated to the best of our ability. In an effort to help ensure the safety of our students, we recommend that all children be supervised by an adult when accessing the internet.
- America's Story From America's Library (Library of Congress)
- Ben’s Guide to the U.S. Government
- Fact Monster (grades 1st-8th)
Homework help and fact finder including an almanac, atlas, dictionary, conversion calcuator, encylopedia, and more.
- Middle School Book Lists (GoodReads)
- Mississippi Symbols, Songs, and Emblems
- NASA for Students (Grades 5-8)
- NGAkids Online (National Gallery of Art)
NGAkids interactives offer an entertaining and informative introduction to art and art history. Featuring a variety of art-making tools that encourage exploration and creativity, these computer-based activities are suitable for all ages.
- Presidents of the United States
- Tween Tribune by Smithsonian
News source for the Middle Schoolers.